Birthday Girl By Penelope Douglas
Book/Novel Author: Penelope Douglas
Book/Novel Title: Birthday Girl
From New York Times Bestselling author Penelope Douglas comes a new forbidden love story
He took me in when I had nowhere else to go.
He doesnt use me, hurt me, or forget about me. He doesnt treat me like Im nothing, take me for granted, or make me feel unsafe.
He remembers me, laughs with me, and looks at me. He listens to me, protects me, and sees me. I can feel his eyes on me over the breakfast table, and my heart pumps so hard when I hear him pull in the driveway after work.
I have to stop this. It cant happen.
My sister once told me there are no good men, and if you find one, hes probably unavailable.
Only Pike Lawson isnt the unavailable one.
I took her in, because I thought I was helping.
Shed cook a few meals and clean up a little. It was an easy arrangement.
As the days go by, though, its becoming anything but easy. I have to stop my mind from drifting to her and stop holding my breath every time I bump into her in the house. I cant touch her, and I shouldnt want to.
The more I find my path crossing hers, though, the more shes becoming a part of me.
But were not free to give into this. Shes nineteen, and Im thirty-eight.
And her boyfriends father.
Unfortunately, they both just moved into my house.
*BIRTHDAY GIRL is a stand-alone, contemporary romance suitable for ages 18+.* *
* “Penelope Douglas showcases her knack for creating compelling central characters and thus reversing all our expectations about them. She delivers a multilayered love story that strikes every emotional chord along the way, a story that is beautifully complicated, infinitely angsty, and completely impossible to put down.” -Natasha is a Book Junkie
* “This is the story I’ve been dying for from Penelope Douglas and DIDN’T EVEN KNOW IT. This is everything she rocks at doing all in one book.” -Angie and Jessica’s Dreamy Reads
* “Penelope Douglas delivers a scorchingly hot and sinfully sexy, forbidden romance with Birthday Girl. It kept me up until after midnight as I devoured every single word. Definitely one of my top reads of 2018!” -New York Times bestselling author Meghan March
* “Penelope Douglas does many things very well. One of the best of those things is her ability to make something taboo seem irresistibly satisfying. With Birthday Girl, she twists the older man/younger woman taboo and makes it compelling, sensual, and a wonderful treat.” -Eden Butler
* “Heart-stopping sexy meets pulse-pounding pleasure in a tale that is TABOO TO THE MAX. Birthday Girl is one SCORCHING HOT HIGH!” -Bookalicious Babes Blog
### From the Author
More from Penelope Douglas * *The Fall Away Series*
Bully Until You Rival Falling Away Aflame Next to Never **** **** The Devil’s Night Series*
Corrupt Hideaway Kill Switch Nightfall (2020) **** **** * *Standalones*
Misconduct Punk 57 Birthday Girl Credence (2020)